Tuesday, May 25, 2004

"What's the Phone Number for 911"

One of my counselors told me a funny story today.

We have a client that loves the outdoors. If he could he would live in the woods, and basically cut the entire woods down. You see, he has an obsessions with cutting all the brush, trees, shrubs, etc down with what ever he can get his hands on. One day he was out in the bush, ridding our town of it's fine landscaping, and accidentally cut into a wasp nest. The wasp, having no mercy, began to attack him viciously. He lost control, forgot all the healthy self-talk statements he had learned in therapy, and went running through the streets, flailing his hands, screaming at the top of the lungs, "Somebody give me the phone number for 911, somebody give me the phone number for 911, I need call them to get some help!"